Just spoke to the hard-working folks at USDA-NASS and here is the latest, unofficial update on the Crush Report:
A timeline should be decided Friday afternoon and they should e-mail me on Monday morning. I'll send that update via Twitter and on this blog.
It seems all but certain that there will be no preliminary Crush Report, just the regular report and, if necessary (as it usually is) and errata release.
The new timeline will be contingent on avoiding another shutdown.
Once the report is released, I will try to expedite my release of the updated Grape Data Tool.
If you are a buyer or seller who needs help figuring out how to plan for the future without the Crush Report release; how to resolve payments; or how to finalize contracts, contact me. In light of the need for guidance, I will try to offer highly-affordable solutions. I can serve not only as a consultant, but also, in the case of two parties working toward a mutually agreeable solution, as an unbiased third-party.
I'll have the next update on Monday.